POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looks_like moves the lookalike object : Re: Looks_like moves the lookalike object Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looks_like moves the lookalike object
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Dec 2003 08:35:04
Message: <3ff17f08$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3fef75ea@news.povray.org> , "Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:

> He wasn't giving a bug report; he was mentioning that something has been
> left out of the documentation. Does he really need to provide a sample scene
> to show that yes, in fact, the looks_like object is translated to the
> light's position? A scene demonstrating how POV-Ray works is hardly
> necessary to identify that the documentation doesn't completely describe its
> behavior.

A scene showing what one wants to have explained really helps a lot, don't
you think so?  Especially if one does not really explain what one is talking
about ... and if you take a look at the scene later provided you will notice
that "looks_like moves", well, nothing!  The whole light source is moved
along with everything inside.

> The only flaw I see in his post was that he relied on the subject line to
> provide information which was necessary to understand it. Maybe that's what
> confused you?

No, not at all.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany