POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looks_like moves the lookalike object : Re: Looks_like moves the lookalike object Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looks_like moves the lookalike object
From: Hughes, B
Date: 29 Dec 2003 13:00:56
Message: <3ff06bd8$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for providing that Greg.  :-)

However... what I, myself, wondered about concerns the documentation having
or not having a correct example of this behavior. I thought it told
something incorrectly, based on what you posted at first, although it's
apparently only implied in the Doc through an example (which would need to
be rendered and understood somehow) and not discussed as to what looks_like
location affect has on light_source location (or vice versa). Other than to
say how defining objects for it at the origin could matter.

Simply stating any looks_like object follows light_source location would be
enough. And that should be told of in at least two places I believe, one
being the context help at 6.5.7.7 Looks_like and the other at 3.7.6.2
Assigning an Object to a Light Source. Elaborating, perhaps, that any
off-origin location of the defined object will still be used after being
invoked by looks_like.

Bob H.