POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looks_like moves the lookalike object : Re: Looks_like moves the lookalike object Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looks_like moves the lookalike object
From: Hughes, B
Date: 28 Dec 2003 09:43:42
Message: <3feeec1e$1@news.povray.org>
Not noticing anything in the documentation which suggests anything about it
besides the following line in section 9.1.1.1:

"It's a good idea to define both things, the light source and the looks_like
object, at the origin, and then translate them to their right place."

The example script at section 3.7.6.2 shows the light source being at
<0,2,0> whereas the looks_like object is at <0,0,0> (where an electric
filament might be), then it's placed by the light location vector.

I must concur with Thorsten, that referring us to something we could see
would help understand what descrepency is being observed, although I did
realize you were simply talking about the fact it gets relocated along with
the light's location vector.
I can't find anything specifically about this to quote from the doc and so
that would be a good thing to add, explaining about this particular
behavior, if it doesn't exist yet.

Bob H.