POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow : Re: POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 Dec 2003 08:27:24
Message: <3fe6f13c$1@news.povray.org>

news:web.3fe65e6134356787611ee4e60@news.povray.org...
> I am wondering, whether NURBS support is anywhere on the POV-team's
current
> agenda.  I've seen such a feature request come up before, and it seems
like
> such a generally useful modelling integration feature that I am surprised
> that nobody has attacked it before.

One issue is that there are not many free/unexpensive modellers that
supports NURBS (I see that Nurbana is being integrated in the Blender code
though), so that having native NURBS support in POV-Ray would be useful only
to the smart people who can code them in SDL or to those who have Rhino and
other expensive tools. Of course, macros can do the trick, but frankly, a
GUI is best suited for this (and even with a GUI it's no so easy). On the
other hand, this could encourage developers of free/unexpensive modellers
(such as Moray) to include them. After all, bezier patches have been
supported by Moray, sPatch and all for a long time.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com