POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About PovRay 4 : Re: About PovRay 4 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About PovRay 4
From: GreyBeard
Date: 19 Dec 2003 23:57:05
Message: <3fe3d6a1@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message

> In the case of Poser 5, it was even worse than that. From what I gathered,
> they were desperate for cash, if only to keep the employees on the
payroll,
> so the product was rushed out the door. Since then, they've been through
> reorganisation and I just received an announcement about them having a new
> parent company for a new one, the 4th in 7 years : after Fractal Design,
> Metacreations and Egisys it's now E-frontier, a Japanese company that
makes
> a famous (in Japan)3D app called Shade.

CHeck the poser group on Renderosity, Curious labs has seen fit to post a
bit there through one of their people.  Not horribly informative, and
there's been a thread the last day or so, SR-4 (Yet another box of bandaids)
is coming out in the first part of next year.  I'm not holding my breath
waiting.

Had to laugh though, I posted a Povray pic there, got comments, very
favorable on the shapes, (primitives, nothing else) and textures (From
stones.inc)  lighting, (one area light).  Had Blobgirl giving a salute.  No
more comments after I revealed it as not a poser picture.  Reference to your
site, however.  Nice stuff Giles.

Greybeard.