POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D World Mag : Re: 3D World Mag Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D World Mag
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 19 Dec 2003 13:44:35
Message: <3fe34713$1@news.povray.org>

news:hhr### [at] tritonimagicode...

> pay for these.  I did not actually see what they wrote but of course it
> is really quite questionable to feature such an image in a magazine that
> is about 3D software among other things and simply 'forget' to mention
> the software used to generate the image.

As I said, the article was about xfrog and the picture featured thousands of
xfrog plants, so that was, at least, not totally abnormal that the emphasis
was on this software and not on POV-Ray. Something similar happened to me
with Poser some time ago.

About the technical magazines: I suppose that's true everywhere and that
there's no such thing as an 100% (or even 20%...) independent tech mag. In
the case of Creative Live, I was told that they had some strong links with
Maxon, the makers of C4D (can't verify this now).

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com