POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D World Mag : Re: 3D World Mag Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D World Mag
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 19 Dec 2003 11:32:06
Message: <3fe32806$1@news.povray.org>

news:3fe30e4a@news.povray.org...

> Just thought I'd drop a line here to say congrats to Gilles Tran for
getting one of his images
> on the cover of this months 3D World mag, and also congrats to me, 'cos I
got my Evening Hills
> pic printed in the Exhibition section too.

Congrats Andrew!

Here's a link to the magazine with a close up of the image.
http://www.3dworldmag.com/
It's my "Cool cows" image flipped horizontally. I had to re-render the texts
(labels) to do this without re-rendering the whole image.

Notice the irony: a POV-Ray image is used to sell Maya, AfterEffects,
Lightwave and the rest.

There should be a couple of lines with "POV-Ray" in it though (on page 3 I
presume, but I haven't received the magazine yet).

For Russian readers, the Russian magazine "Home PC" (http://www.homepc.ru)
issues of October and December are sprinkled with Oyonale pics (with my
permission). Initially it was just to illustrate a story about the ZKM media
center in Germany (where Xfrog was born) but the editors got carried away.

There'll be a cover for a German computer science journal too, to be
published later.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com