POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About PovRay 4 : Re: About PovRay 4 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:10:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About PovRay 4
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Dec 2003 10:16:21
Message: <3fe1c4c5@news.povray.org>

> I think the big difference with time-tables is just that in the business
> world, delaying the release can cost a company dearly.

In the case of Poser 5, it was even worse than that. From what I gathered,
they were desperate for cash, if only to keep the employees on the payroll,
so the product was rushed out the door. Since then, they've been through
reorganisation and I just received an announcement about them having a new
parent company for a new one, the 4th in 7 years : after Fractal Design,
Metacreations and Egisys it's now E-frontier, a Japanese company that makes
a famous (in Japan)3D app called Shade.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com