POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible color bug - request for comment : Re: Possible color bug - request for comment Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible color bug - request for comment
From: Tom Melly
Date: 17 Dec 2003 11:33:27
Message: <3fe08557$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcom> wrote in message

> I didn't spot the statement
>  #declare Foo = ColTest1 ColTest2;
> in the documentation anywhere, so I think it's probably reasonable for
> Povray to throw an error.

True - the problem is that it is very hard to intuit what is and isn't legal in
this area. At the very least it would seem to be a bug in the docs, but even if
the docs are corrected, the behaviour seems so inconsistent that, whether or not
it's a bug, it does seem to lead to a high degree of trial and error.

> I would wait a day or so, and if no-one says we're both barmy, report a bug
> (probably as a documentation error).
> I'm not sure what the process is, but you'll need to check it's not already
> reported.

Ta.