POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : color problem : Re: color problem Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color problem
From: Hughes, B
Date: 16 Dec 2003 15:41:05
Message: <3fdf6de1$1@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
> According to the docs (6.1.5.5), the following should be okay, but I get
an
> error...
>
> #declare PigTest = pigment{color <1,1,0> + blue 1}

Interesting... yes, I thought that would have been valid. Can still use z or
<0,0,1> in place of blue 1. Like + z*0.5 if you only wanted half blue.
Curious thing though that color keywords aren't able to be used and yet show
it to be valid in the Doc. Something to check into.

> Assuming I've done something stupid, will the correct syntax allow me to
add a
> filter component to a pigment map?

Seems like Mike Williams has a good solution anyway. I think once you are
dealing with a pattern it isn't going to accept color keywords directly.

Bob H.