POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface: repeating surfaces : Isosurface: repeating surfaces Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface: repeating surfaces
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 11 Dec 2003 08:07:00
Message: <3fd86bf4$1@news.povray.org>
If I have a given function for an isosurface (e.g. x*x+y*y-1), what
variable substitution do I have to do to repeat this surface, say along
the z-axis every 2 POV-Units?
I want to achieve sth. like the "texture" in Tor Olav's "Entering"
(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/33512/).

I tried to substitute x using mod(x,2), and I also tried using
sin(x*something) and both of them came near to what I want, but not
really :)

Thanks for your Help
Florian