POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Beta test version of the new mesh compressor program : Re: Beta test version of the new mesh compressor program Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta test version of the new mesh compressor program
From: Jim Charter
Date: 9 Dec 2003 16:14:08
Message: <3fd63b20$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Have you tried with the beta2 version of the program yet?

Nothing too extensive.  I quickly ran it against about a dozen mesh2
files I had laying around from both poseray and 3dwin4.  Largest was
132572 triangles.  It worked fine.  Give me a day.  I investigated the
"transforms" tab and I see that its functions could have some
application for me too.  I also remember that povtree also generates
some kind of mesh.  So I can try that too.  Maybe make a furry tree?