POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Fungus : Re: Fungus Server Time
5 May 2024 03:47:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fungus
From: Shay
Date: 8 Dec 2003 11:48:38
Message: <3fd4ab66@news.povray.org>
"gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote in message

|Shay:
| Sorry about the rant.
|
|Gonzo:
| Quite alright, rants are why we're here isn't it?

Everyone else appears to be here to offer constructive criticism. For
some reason (perhaps because I am working very hard on a picture of my
own at the moment), I had nothing to offer but self-indulgence (as I'm
doing now, but this will be the end of it).

I did want to clarify my comments and to thank Jim for his compliments.

Jeremy was right in suggesting that "forced signifigance" was as close
as I got. I'll only add that I believe we all to one degree or another
find the banalaties of poignancy acceptale as a means but not an end.
Most importantly, I want to add that I do not consider 'Fungus' to be a
zoomed in nature pic (at least not in the way I was describing).
'Fungus' is depictional, specific, and beautiful. Subject is nearly
irrelevent in the type of picture which I intended to describe.

Jim, thank you for your compliments. It is a little puzzling for my
pictures to be characterized as conceptual or as experiments when 99% of
my effort goes into aesthetic specificity, but, hey, I'll take the
compliment. lol

This is the most beautiful round of winners (and losers) in many rounds.
Congratulations all.

 -Shay