POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : texturing ideas : Re: texturing ideas Server Time
28 Jun 2024 15:43:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texturing ideas
From: Simon Adameit
Date: 7 Dec 2003 08:57:11
Message: <3fd331b7$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Instead of suggesting syntax formulations you should better explain how
> you think the color of the surface should be calculated - i have no idea
> how this should work from what you have written.

The color of the surface is made up from different components like
diffuse, ambient, specular, ... which all give you a color for this
point on the surface. The final color is somehow a combination of them.
For example you could substract the specular component from the diffuse.
This is something I often did using layered textures and negative colors.
I dont know if this could be efficiently implemented or if it even would
be practical..