POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for a macro to turn an array of points into one of triangles.... : Re: looking for a macro to turn an array of points into one of triangles.... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for a macro to turn an array of points into one of triangles....
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 6 Dec 2003 14:45:51
Message: <3fd231ef$1@news.povray.org>
The Delaunay triangulation provides a more optimized algorithm for doing
the distance comparison and building the triangles. But as Christopher
pointed, this operation will result in the wanted mesh only if you have
a set of points with certain properties.

I have writen and posted a POV-script delaunay algorithm, but it's a 2D
algo while you need a 3D one. You should be able to find it in

useful in your case, it can point you toward interesting links on the net.

I hope that helps,

JC