POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Beta test version of the new mesh compressor program : Re: Beta test version of the new mesh compressor program Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta test version of the new mesh compressor program
From: Jim Charter
Date: 6 Dec 2003 09:29:17
Message: <3fd1e7bd$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Apparently the program is either completely bugless, or doesn't really
> interest anyone...
>   I hope it's the former. ;)

It worked nicely as far as I was able to make use of it.  Unfortunately
I think I need to have the color carry through for my application
(hair).  So, so far I am just using the plain mesh.  But the mesh2 would
give me more memory to work with so the jury is still out on which way I
will comprimise as I increase the number of triangles.

I don't suppose .obj to pcm would be possible?

The thing is that Greg Johnson wrote some interesting macros adapting
the pcm hair macros to give Maya options that might be interesting to
try.  But any modelling I do is exported in .obj among others.
Crossroads works just fine for this so it's hardly a big deal, but it
would shorten the workflow.

-Jim