POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Highlighting the edges and joins of a CSG. : Highlighting the edges and joins of a CSG. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Highlighting the edges and joins of a CSG.
From: Carl Hoff
Date: 5 Dec 2003 18:03:24
Message: <3fd10ebc@news.povray.org>
All...

   Please check out the TRON Tank I posted over in the images area.  I have
a question maybe someone here could help me with.  I'd like to add the red
lines to the turret as seen in the movie.  My first thought was to add red
cylinders to all the strait edges, spheres on the corners, and add red torus
to the edges of the cones in the CSG.  However not only is that alot of work
it also isn't good enough to handle cases like where I have a cone that
intersects an ellipsoid off center.  How would I draw the line over that
join?  Is there a way I could do this with textures or something?  Here is a
screen capture from the movie if it will help give any of you an idea:

http://homepage.mac.com/lwernham/.Pictures/Tron/Tank15.png

Thanks,
Carl