POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Fungus : Re: Fungus Server Time
4 May 2024 19:53:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fungus
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 4 Dec 2003 15:02:29
Message: <3fcf92d5$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message

> This picture looks amazing.
>
> The rest of what I have to say isn't really fair, because my opinion is
> I think more influenced by my being in this hobby to long than by the
> quality of these pictures themselves.
>
> I have poignancy fatigue. I just can't stand it anymore. Everytime I see
> a picture of an empty alleyway, broken piece of jewelry, small room with
> a bright beam of light, or any type at all of zoomed in nature pic,  I
> begin to feel anxious.

Hey, I just submitted a zoomed-in nature pic to p.b.i.  I must have put you
over the limit.  hehe  But to add validity to your observation, I had
essentially used focal blur just to avoid doing something "useful", like
adding an entire background.  But even so, you don't want to let the rest of
the image overpower the foreground, or it ends up looking very busy.  I
don't think that was your point, though.

> This is why your picture, Ron, is one of the few in this round which
> doesn't aggravate me. It doesn't try to force significance onto some
> vapid centerpiece with cheesy lighting and focus tricks.
>
> Sorry about the rant.

"Forced significance" states the situation quite well, I think.  That sort
of thing made my wife HATE the movie "Titanic" whereas I enjoyed it
immensely.  I think I see your point.  Feel free to rant more if you want.
You often have a fresh perspective.

--
Jeremy