POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My second subject... : My second subject... Server Time
12 May 2024 11:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  My second subject...
From: Carl Hoff
Date: 3 Dec 2003 11:58:58
Message: <3fce1652@news.povray.org>
Has anyone ever wondered why Clu's tank is missing a part in the scene from
5:25 to 5:30 on the TRON DVD?  Ok... maybe not but I think this picture will
show you why its missing.  The main picture and the top left insert are 100%
POV-Ray.  The top right insert is a screen grab from the DVD.  Anyways...
what do you think of the tank?  I'll be posting more pictures of it here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B44251F96

By the way... is there an easy way to get everything out-lined in red as on
the movie tank.  I could take all my cones and cap them with very small
torus and outline my boxes and prisms with cylinders and spheres at the
corners and set them with the Red pigment and a high ambient value but
that's alot of work and shapes formed by differences or intersections are a
bit harder to outline.  I notice where surfaces join the surface gradient is
discontinuous.  Is there a way I could play off that?

Just curious...
Carl

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: