POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : BSP tree bounding patch : Re: BSP tree bounding patch Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BSP tree bounding patch
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 29 Nov 2003 07:01:58
Message: <3fc88ab6@news.povray.org>
Andrew Clinton wrote:
> I've put together the patch as a set of diffs (following the example of
> the
> previous patch posted here).  The patch can be found at
> http://povplace.addr.com/bsppov.tar.gz

Patched my unix sources without trouble.

Test scene with about 120 CSG objects (only torus/box/cylinder and the
like) rendered about 1 percent slower, however, while comsuming some
kb more memory.

I have little clue of the details of your patch but
maybe you could consider retaining the vista buffer because it is said
to be cheap & fast.

Just my 2 cents...

Wolfgang