POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Adobe Premiere Pro + MPEG 4 : Re: Adobe Premiere Pro + MPEG 4 Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adobe Premiere Pro + MPEG 4
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Nov 2003 05:29:50
Message: <3fc7239e$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3fc6bd56$1@news.povray.org> , "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:

>> Did you check the suggestions on <http://mac.povray.org/support/video/>?
>> They apply to every program.
>
> Oh, well, I'm not actually using POV-Ray generated images in this video. The
> problems I'm having seem to be specific to this one version of this one
> program, regardless of the quality or nature of the source video. Thanks for
> the link, but it doesn't seem to help. Were there any specific tips on that
> page that you were thinking of?

Yes, the one with the frame differences.  If I were you, I would try to
compress a short sequence with very small movement (i.e. some sphere moving
one pixel each frame).  If you cannot get it to compress well, you are most
likely dealing with a program defect.  If it works, you may want to try your
material with another program or maybe another format like those mentioned
on the page (MPEG-2, Divx).  In particular if you try with any current Divx
encoder, you basically get nothing more than a *non*-standard compliant
MPEG-4.  Thus, if this works but the built-in MPEG-4 compression doesn't,
you know where the problem is.

BTW, there is one other thing to remember about MPEG-4: Make sure you do no
accidentally specified that the video be compatible with a specific ISAM
profile, because those limit the video resolution, i.e. ISAM profile 1
limits it to 320*240 pixels.  In short, you may simply have accidentally
enabled some compatibility setting you don't desire...

Another thing is, I am of course assuming you are not using any of the
Windows built-in MPEG-4 codecs, because they are all more or less defective.
Especially the very old ones cause endless problems because they existed
long before the standard was ratified.  So I assume Adobe Premiere Pro has a
well-done codec built-in.  And I of course assume you also use Adobe
Premiere Pro to view the generated MPEG-4, right?

Anyway, maybe there is a manual online or you could post screenshots of the
settings dialog on some website?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde