POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New editor for Linux : QTPOV Editor : Re: QTPOV Editor : new version Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:38:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTPOV Editor : new version
From: Shay
Date: 25 Nov 2003 12:22:25
Message: <3fc38fd1$1@news.povray.org>
"gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message

I've been using the editor for about a week to check it out. The editor
is excellent. There is a bug which I think I can reproduce. If the save
button is clicked after a file has been closed, the last file closed
will be erased and the editor will crash. I was not using the editor in
KDE, so this might make a difference.

The only other problem is that the entire path to a file is displayed in
the tab, making the tabs pretty useless at 1024x768 unless a really tiny
font is used.

The only other problem has nothing to do with your program, but I'll ask
since I'm assuming you develop with KDE. Your editor font selection uses
the same list as all of the KDE apps. I, and several others whose
questions I have seen posted on the Internet, have been unable to add
installed bitmapped fonts to that menu. Any ideas?

With a 17" monitor, a good font is almost a must for Pov-Ray. I used
Luxi-Mono when using your editor, which is OK. Courier breaks up at
nine-point, and there is no visible difference between periods and
commas with Vera Sans Mono. The font which I have installed and use in
non-KDE editors is profontwin, which I recommend to anyone who needs a
very readable, fixed-width font at nine-point on a smallish monitor.
http://www.tobias-jung.de/seekingprofont/index.html

 -Shay