POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Decay...Champ No More : Re: Decay...Champ No More Server Time
18 May 2024 09:54:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decay...Champ No More
From: gonzo
Date: 25 Nov 2003 02:12:31
Message: <3fc300df@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Nor me.  But you seem to be on quite a roll.  You are/were a musician
> you said?

Well, I'm still a musician, just not a performing one anymore. Write &
record only due to back injury. Spent some time in phys therapy then had to
get a real job & real hours & somewhere along the line real life set in.
Ray tracing was my rehab thru PT.

An my roll will probably get broken this round due to aforementioned real
life unless I very soon come up with an idea that I can be whipped up
quickly.

> BTW here are the comments for your picture that I originally submitted
> with my votes:
>
> I just love it.  The level of realism is very consistent and believable
> while avoiding the use of photorealistic levels of detail.  This then
> emphasizes the narrative effect of the composition and overall sense of
> atmosphere and light.  To repurpose a comment a friend once made, "I
> always like a good boxing picture".

Thanks for all your kind comments.

RG