POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Decay...Champ No More : Re: Decay...Champ No More Server Time
4 May 2024 16:02:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decay...Champ No More
From: gonzo
Date: 23 Nov 2003 21:55:42
Message: <3fc1732e@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:3fc126d7@news.povray.org...
>    Yes, and what power that is, and can be. I guess it's no different
> to the ol' gladiators really.

And I thought it was just because we all like to watch someone else take the
beating while we sit and talk about how much better we would have done it
ourselves... ;-)

>   I used to train at a boxing club in Portsmouth, Southern England,
> when I was 12 years old - I loved the training, but more importantly,
> I loved the sparring - *they* could belt the hell out of you, but
> *you* could do the same back... ;) This was all with the proper
> headguard, gum-shields, etc., heh, it WAS great fun, really.

Heh heh, emphasis on WAS...

>   You know, that image of Rons is fantastic. It captures the right
> scene for me. I appreciate his work more each time, and I have to say,
> yours too. Have you two got a bet on?  ;)

Thank you!  No bet, at least not that I know of...

>    No, not tragic thankfully, but at the time, I thought it was going
> to be, (it takes a lot to frighten me, but this, I don't want to
> experience again).

Glad to hear it all worked out ok.

> > >  Thanks for that, she's a good writer.

Yeah, I'm going to have to check her out now, too...

RG