POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem with sphere_sweep / linear_spline : Re: problem with sphere_sweep / linear_spline Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with sphere_sweep / linear_spline
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 23 Nov 2003 11:56:32
Message: <3fc0e6c0$1@news.povray.org>
"Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message

> I checked with a scale 10 times larger for everything and then I see what
> you are trying to make. So, must be the tiny sizes causing the trouble. I
> guess 4 times larger fixes it, meaning an end result of 0.04 for the
minimum
> radius used in the sphere sweep. Much more than I'd have thought to be
> needed. 0.02 unit radius used to be considered too small to work reliably,
> for the sphere primitive itself, this is close to that. However,
> improvements have been made and yet this doesn't seem to have helped the
> sphere sweep. I don't remember much about it's progression though, so I'm
> just conveying what I believe might be relevant.

That seemed to work.  I can't make the sphere sweep "scale 0.02", but I can
make it "scale 0.2" and then scale the leg object at "scale 0.1" later on,
and it works.  I suppose it's just a matter of where the round-off is
occurring.  That's my best guess anyway.

I thought maybe I was missing something obvious.

--
Jeremy