POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Can't combine heightfield and mesh : Re: Can't combine heightfield and mesh Server Time
22 Jun 2024 06:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't combine heightfield and mesh
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 17 Nov 2003 07:28:44
Message: <3fb8befc@news.povray.org>
Update: I was overstating when I said you couldn't even have them in the
same scene together. I had saved the first scene, then altered the mesh and
saved it as a different file. when I made the csg, it corrupted both files.
Today I opened the first file (recovered from its .bak file), and combined
the mesh and heightfield as a group. This caused no problems at all. What is
the difference between a group and a union? When I look at the .pov file, it
doesn't call it a group; it calls it a union.
Steve Shelby