POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [RFC] Distance dependent isosurface accuracy : [RFC] Distance dependent isosurface accuracy Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  [RFC] Distance dependent isosurface accuracy
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 15 Nov 2003 14:29:58
Message: <3fb67eb5@news.povray.org>
After reading Christoph Hormann's c't article about computer
generated landscapes using POVRay, I had the following idea:

What about a distance dependent isosurface accuracy?

I mean: in the foreground (near to the camera), high accuracy
is needed while in the background, lower accuracy could IMHO be
used without noticable difference but for faster rendering.

Wolfgang