POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Regarding help with my crystal ball : Re: Regarding help with my crystal ball Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Regarding help with my crystal ball
From: Tom Melly
Date: 13 Nov 2003 04:28:33
Message: <3fb34ec1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...

> Because you're using it wrong. First, fresnel reflection varies from 0
> to 1 by default, so "reflection {fresnel}" isn't even remotely
> equivalent to "reflection {0.2, 0.4}". And second...glass reflection

But I thought fresnel used the interior ior to calc. reflections? Isn't the
implication that if you get the ior right, then fresnel should produce the most
realistic result?

As Warp says, glass does seem to have very variable reflection depending on the
angle at which it's viewed. I make no claim to understanding the issues - just a
claim that I'm confused....