POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hello, i'm new : Re: Hello, i'm new Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello, i'm new
From: Tom Melly
Date: 10 Nov 2003 17:46:41
Message: <3fb01551@news.povray.org>
"Lord Zealon" <lor### [at] onocom> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Hello.
>
> I'm a question.
>
> What modeller i can use. I like modellers free and i like blender but the
> plugins for it dont work good.

Moray is a very popular modeller. But be warned - the great strength of Pov
is how it is compatible with so many different approaches. Convert OBJ
models to meshes, roll-your-own CSG and macros, use weird math functions in
iso-surfaces, use modellers. Have fun.

> When Pov-Ray 4? Is Pov die? I make this question because povray 3.5 is a
> release of 2002 and i dont see beta version.

As others have said, Pov is in no way dead, and as you will discover the
patch-community is very active. I have to confess I haven't yet used any
patches for 3.5, but the 3.1 megapov became almost the defacto Pov
environment.

> Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Seemed fine - I mean you're obviously mentally defective in some way,
judging by your poorly formed sentences, but other than that....