POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Interpolation of Frames : Re: Interpolation of Frames Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:10:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interpolation of Frames
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 10 Nov 2003 13:53:51
Message: <3fafdebf$1@news.povray.org>
> The problem is that I would like add frames to the animation (thus smoothing
> it out) by somehow creating intermediate frames between my 30 frames - is
> there any way Povray can do this interpolation between shapes?

AFAIK POV-Ray is not able to do that. But you could try two other ways:

1.) Morph the Images: You could do that using an "average"
texture/pigment-map. The result would propably not be like anything
you wanted, but if your objects are rather slow it might be worth trying.

2.) The better way to do it would be not to morph the images, but the
data making them up. Say you got 30 positions of one of your objects
(one position per frame) and you have them as hardcoded data. Then you
can simply put all those positions into a spline and use this spline
to translate your object along. You could do the same with object
sizes, colours, etc.
The advantage of this method is that you can render the final file
with as many frames as you want - and the movement will always be smooth.

HTH,
Florian
--
#local a=-5;#while(a<5)sphere{<sin(a*pi)*5a*10pow(a,5)*.01>sin(a*a*a*