POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : fn_function and other stuff : Re: fn_function and other stuff Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fn_function and other stuff
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 10 Nov 2003 06:16:09
Message: <3faf7379@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote in

> There's a section in my Isosurface Tutorial that looks at the difference
> between using a function to generate a heightfield and using it to
> generate an isosurface.
>
> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/IsoTut/patterns.htm#hf

This one works:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/patterns.htm#hf

You can also find an example of a function based height-
field within the source files in this post of mine:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/33557

(Source code for "Isomountains" posted by me 26. Oct to
povray.binaries.scene-files)

Tor Olav