POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurfaces? : Re: isosurfaces? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurfaces?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 4 Nov 2003 05:45:50
Message: <3fa7835e$1@news.povray.org>
news:afb### [at] tritonimagicode...

> Actually you should use sqrt() instead of pow(,0.5).

True (but I'm too lazy to check the docs, and couldn't remember how the keyword
was spelt ;). Also, never a bad idea to remind a newbie that pow(n,0.5) and
sqrt(n) are the same thing...

> And since the radius R is a render time constant it is not necessary for
> it to be a parameter:
>
> #declare R=2;

Also true - still, I quite liked the example of passing x,y,z and another param.
I don't suppose there's any chance that pov will recognise that R is a constant
and perform an optimisation?*

* yeah, right, and monkeys will fly out of my butt.