POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read-question : Re: #read-question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #read-question
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 3 Nov 2003 17:26:59
Message: <3fa6d633$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes Warp, and Tim,  we all saw how you pointed that out.
*SNIP*

Well, you must have overread another post I made in this thread, I didn't
only go for "he missed the )", but also added some information that new
lines aren't keeping POV-Ray from doing things properly. But it's hard to
tell what's causing the problem when we don't get replies.

> Furthermore, JC's idea is a good one, that deserves
> some consideration.
*SNIP*

Aside of the above, yup, it is nice to simply #include some stuff, but I've
found in several cases that using the File I/O more like a database rather
than a crude POV-Editor has some advantages: the code is more compact and,
though I'm not sure of that, depending on how you use, say, an amount of 500
Vectors (directly in an array or load them one after another as need) might
use less memory, but some guru might know more about that (or tell me to
experiment, which I can't do properly at the moment).

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

---