POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read-question : Re: #read-question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #read-question
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 2 Nov 2003 18:22:38
Message: <3fa591be$1@news.povray.org>
> My guess would be:
> Compilers (and interpreters, like povray) are told to ignore whitespace
> charachters, ' ', '\n' and the like.  However, when you read from a file,
> you are simply reading a stream of data.  The computer doesn't care, or
> know, what the data is, it just assumes that it is what the reading
program
> thinks it is.
*SNIP*

I think you've misunderstood how POV handles I/O. If you put a "\n" and
write that to a file, it won't be reduced to \n, but to "return / new line".
When writing, POV doesn't write the quotation marks. As someone else
mentioned, he had a typo in his vector ( "<0,0,0)," instead of "<0,0,0>," )
which was the problem.

You can't read new line characters, they simply don't exist in the file.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>