POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read-question : Re: #read-question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #read-question
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 2 Nov 2003 03:53:34
Message: <3fa4c60e@news.povray.org>
> It is possible to read values by the #read-statement.
> It is no problem when the used file has only one line.
> But for typing it is much easier if the file has more lines.
> But this causes an error. Any hints how to read a multi-line
> file?

Normally, Multiline-Files don't pose a problem as long as the remaining
setup is proper. With "proper setup" I mean: comma after every data. Have a
look at my I/O-Macs, looking at them you might find out where you're doing
something wrong.

Aside of that: how about posting the code-snippet doing the writing and
reading, and an excerpt from the file with the data? Someone might give you
a pointer with that.

Regards,
Tim

--