POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flux : Re: Flux Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flux
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 31 Oct 2003 13:55:29
Message: <3fa2b021$1@news.povray.org>
Yann wrote:
> So I am trying to install Povman now. I managed to install megapov --- easy!
> But I don't manage to install Povman on the top, it isn't well documented
> and I am not a linux guru... any help?

Linux guru? But by your message header it seems that you use Windows? If
you are using Windows, then readme file contains overview, what you
should do. Basically you should copy executables into same directory,
where POV-Ray (or MegaPOV) executables are and add this directory to
path environment variable in order to access shading language compiler
easily.
If you are using Linux then it requires more work. Unfortunately I don't
have access to Linux machine right now and latest version of POVMan is
not tested with Linux, so this may require more work before you can
achieve results. Easiest way would be to create copy of MegaPov source
in different directory, copy POVMan files (from diff source code
package) over MegaPOV source files, add additional files in patches
directory to makefile and make it. POVSLC files will go to separate
directory and you should modify makefile in order to be able to make it
with Linux tools (if you really need, then I can dig out old makefile
for Linux from previous version).
If you need further assistance, then feel free to mail me.