POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Crash after 63 frames? : Re: Crash after 63 frames? Server Time
4 Jul 2024 20:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash after 63 frames?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Oct 2003 15:46:30
Message: <3fa178a6$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3fa168a4$1@news.povray.org> , "Scott Gammans"
<dee### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> I may be wrong about what is causing the problem, but POV-Ray for Windows
> *does* have some sort of memory allocation problem that, after a few dozen
> frames, causes it to stop rendering with a memory allocation error because
> it can't allocate any more memory to open one of the TGA bump map files in
> my scene.

I guess you can also explain why these groups aren't full of people
complaining about it then.  It is not like there aren't enough people using
the animation loop in POV-Ray, i.e. for the irtc...

> You will never be able to convince me that there is no problem with
> long-running, memory-intensive animation jobs in POV-Ray, Thorsten, because
> I've seen it happen.

I don't need to convince you.  I know there is no memory leak big enough
that it could cause what you claim it would - for your claim to be correct
POV-Ray would have to forget about tens of megabytes of memory per frame!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde