POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Best Animation Program : Re: Best Animation Program Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best Animation Program
From: Daniel Prien
Date: 30 Oct 2003 14:48:45
Message: <3fa16b1d@news.povray.org>
Roberto A. het secht:

> Blender has excellent animation support, but I'm not sure about its
> support for POV. It's worth a look, anyway.
>
> In fact, it can be used as a plain sequencer with no problems, from output
> generated by any renderer.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roberto

The Povanim script by jms does a good job.
http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/pypovanim228_08g.zip

But it just exports mesh-objects at the moment, so you have to convert nurbs
and curve objects by hand before exporting.

BTW in the next days there will be a new Blender release: 2.30.
Some of the new features:
- new GUI
- loop cut
- face loop selection
- new knife tool
- most/all functions now via menues (no more weird shortcuts)
and much more

http://www.blender.org/
(the new version is in the CVS already, the official release will follow)

Give it a try!

Daniel