POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 3.5 Install on Win2K3 needs comctl32.dll : Re: 3.5 Install on Win2K3 needs comctl32.dll Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 Install on Win2K3 needs comctl32.dll
From: Chris Cason
Date: 28 Oct 2003 23:29:57
Message: <3f9f4245@news.povray.org>
"Vince Hunt" <vin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Now, my version of comctl32.dll is 5.82.3790.0, I have Internet Explorer v6,
> and I ran 50comupd.exe from the Microsoft website and it says that all my
> files are up to date.

As far as I know this is a bug in the WISE installer (or possibly a change in
the way that Windows reports the version number, though this is less likely).

I did hear of this from someone else and have already put in a work-around for
the next version (beta out RSN). Firstly it will assume that comctl is up to
date if you're on a recent copy of windows, and secondly even if it thinks it
isn't, it will allow you to install anyhow if you want to.

-- Chris