POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Different finish for different parts of an object? : Different finish for different parts of an object? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Different finish for different parts of an object?
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 28 Oct 2003 12:28:44
Message: <3f9ea74c$1@news.povray.org>
I'm sure this is something I've seen somewhere in the manual, but I cannot
find it anywhere :(

I'm trying to create a kind of 3D relief map of the world, and have some
pretty image maps and height maps etc, and I want to make the water parts of
the map partially reflective.
I also have a black-and-white image with the water parts white and the land
parts black.

What I can't work out is how to make areas of the height_field{} have
different finishes depending on the value of the B&W mask.

I appologise in advance if this is an RTFM or RTFFAQ moment, but I have
tried, hones :o)

Many thanks,

Mark
www.hanfordonline.co.uk/povuser - the brand-new, incomplete map of POV