POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera usage (correct aspect ratio) : Re: camera usage (correct aspect ratio) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera usage (correct aspect ratio)
From: Hughes, B
Date: 27 Oct 2003 20:23:20
Message: <3f9dc508@news.povray.org>
"Matthew Pace" <mat### [at] lycoscom> wrote in message
news:mat### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> Hello, I have been away for awhile, although you may not remember
> because I was not here long to be gin with.  Anyways, I am back for now,

I remember you.

> with another question:  How can I set up the camera so that no matter
> what custom size I use for the picture (whether it be 1024x768 or
> 468x48), the image does not get distorted.  I tried using the "right"
> keyword mixed with variations of image_height/image_width and such, but
> my image always came out stretched, not entirely on screen, backwards,

right image_width/image_height*x

This way you get the aspect ratio needed. You just had it opposite based on
what you stated above. Maybe you missed this variation?

If that wasn't the reason you found to do this correctly the other thing
that matters here is the image output resolution needs to match at least the
aspect ratio. So... if image_height=480 and image_width=640, dividing them
makes 1.333333 for the aspect ratio, then you could conceivably use any
other such resolution for the image output size as long as keeping the same
ratio. Anyway, it's height divided by width for 'right'.
--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com