POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness : Re: height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Oct 2003 11:34:04
Message: <3f9d48fc$1@news.povray.org>
In article <f3eqpvs9frupg3q87fer5favi92h6pi4h5@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

>> >  Image->height--;                    // iheight = 100, height = 99
>>
>> Hmm, tracking back in Perforce says the person who submitted it most likely
>> did so unintentionally.
>
> I suppose that intention was to avoid substraction in every loop.

No, because nobody in the team would optimise code in such a way because it
doesn't make sense (there is no gain).  What I suggested is far more likely,
especially as the subtraction in the loop was not removed and the value
should not have been subtracted outside the loop at all in the first place.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde