POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Benchmark? : Re: PovRay Benchmark? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Benchmark?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 25 Oct 2003 12:00:03
Message: <3f9a9e03@news.povray.org>
"Cris Williams" <CLW### [at] wohrrcom> wrote in message
> Any tips on how to improve this score besides overclocking?  Would setting
> the Render Priority from Normal to Highest make much difference?

It can help a little, not a great deal though in my experience of trying
that. I think I gain a couple minutes on the benchmark.pov while using this
P4-M 2GHz notebook. My times are typically under 47 minutes.

Removing background stuff from Windows' startup list (as seen in msconfig),
keeping screensaver off, etc., and also a fresh drefragment of the disk,
seems to do well for me. Probably shouldn't be using any background services
during the benchmark. Not sure about anyone else but if I use either a low
or high GUI priority (in 'POV-Ray for Windows') I believe it bogs down.

If you haven't seen these places yet, take a look and compare.

http://www.tabsnet.com/

http://www.haveland.com/index.htm?povbench/index.php

Your system running at about 2.2GHz(?) is about the norm, just maybe a bit
slower than other people's systems. Don't rely too heavily on those though,
could be a wide variety of reasons for one being slow or fast.
--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com