POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Editing vs. Rendering a file : Re: Editing vs. Rendering a file Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editing vs. Rendering a file
From: Hughes, B
Date: 24 Oct 2003 09:30:16
Message: <3f992968@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> Hughes, B. wrote:
> > For Action: type in  &Edit  and for Application used to perform action:
use
> > C:\PROGRA~1\POV-RA~1.5\bin\pvengine.exe /EDIT "%1"  but based on the
path
> > your POV-Ray is located if different, as well as version number (~1.5
here
> > is acutally 3.5, 3.1 would be ~1.1).
>
> (As a side note, if you use double quotes around the program path, as
> with the %1, you don't have to truncate the names and leave out spaces.)
> e.g. "C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows 3.5\bin\pvengine.exe" /EDIT
> "%1"

Ahh, good, thanks for telling of that! Oh, everyone, don't forget that "v"
in front of the version number.

I figured the POV for Windows installation was using the best alternative to
fit any Windows situation by going with the truncated path, but when I tried
the long file name way I overlooked putting quotes on the file name
parameter %1 and instead had quoted the entire thing or just the path name.

I like your idea to add a render option to inc's, guess I'll do that too.
What I need to figure out now is how to force them to open in Notepad as
main choice (left-click) then give me the other options to open into POV-Ray
in a right-click menu.

Well, just checked on that and it was simple, all I had to do is use
different actions/applications and set the Notepad one as default. Yea! I
should have done this long ago. ;-)
--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com