POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Editing vs. Rendering a file : Re: Editing vs. Rendering a file Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:47:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editing vs. Rendering a file
From: Hughes, B
Date: 23 Oct 2003 23:02:30
Message: <3f989646@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> Hughes, B. wrote:
> > I'm thinking it could mean your Windows has associated them with POV.
Mine
> > here are not. If that's the case, and reason for the problem, then you
could
> > try going into the Tools menu (of My Computer or Explorer) and selecting
> > (Folder) Options, then File Types. Find INC in that list and choose
> > something else like Notepad to open those.
>
> Actually it uses notepad by default to open them.  I want to use POV.
> POV opening them just tries to render them, instead of opening them in
> its editor as it did prior to my system rebuild.

Sorry, I misunderstood then. Thought you were saying when you right-clicked
on #include "a_file.inc" from within the POV editor, to open it, that it was
rendering somehow.

Should be able to edit the settings there where I said. Oh wait... hmmmm.
Well now that I look for it myself I don't even have an entry for that
particular file type yet.
Okay, I just added one and made a new action to edit the file in POV-Ray. I
have always used Notepad for quick editing and checking content of include
files since it's so much faster and doesn't interfere with a currently
running POV-Ray session. I've made the program command line say "C:\Program
Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\bin\pvengine.exe" /edit %1  so I think that
ought to work.

Isn't working yet, maybe I need to reboot. I'll check on this and get back
to you, unless someone else has the solution already. Maybe I've overlooked
something. Wish I could remember this stuff better.  :-)
--
Bob H.