POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Editing vs. Rendering a file : Re: Editing vs. Rendering a file Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editing vs. Rendering a file
From: Hughes, B
Date: 23 Oct 2003 22:02:52
Message: <3f98884c@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> Having just re-installed POV after a system rebuild, when
> I right-click and try to open an .inc file in POV, it tries
> to render it instead of opening it for editing...I don't
> see anywhere to fix this behaviour to where it used to be,
> and 'command line' related topics in the help file don't
> list anything.  Help?

Do the files, as seen in Explorer for example, have POV-Ray icons something
else?

I'm thinking it could mean your Windows has associated them with POV. Mine
here are not. If that's the case, and reason for the problem, then you could
try going into the Tools menu (of My Computer or Explorer) and selecting
(Folder) Options, then File Types. Find INC in that list and choose
something else like Notepad to open those. Hopefully that's the route to
there in your version of Windows, could be View menu then Options instead,
since seems like Win95 did it that way. I forget now.

Bob H.