POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : God's Eye system ? : Re: God's Eye system ? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: God's Eye system ?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 22 Oct 2003 14:16:25
Message: <3f96c979@news.povray.org>
"timothy76" <tim### [at] freemailhu> wrote in message

> Maybe somebody can help me. :) How can I define a
> God's Eye coordinate system (or a camera orientation)
> in POV?
> (a right-handed coordinate system where z points
> to upward)

Use keywords 'up' and 'sky' in the camera statement, with +z as their values
or a vector of <0,0,1>, and keyword 'right' as -y or <0,-1,0>.

If you intend to use the 'direction' keyword make sure it is also set to a
+y value or vector; 'angle' doesn't use a vector or axis so that should be
okay as is.

I think this is how to set up the right-handed system in POV-Ray. Hopefully
someone else can confirm this... or just test it out and you will find out
quickly by doing some hand acrobatics.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com