POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Assemble Partial Output : Re: Assemble Partial Output Server Time
3 May 2024 01:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assemble Partial Output
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 Oct 2003 10:23:19
Message: <3f9692d7$1@news.povray.org>

news:3f968465@news.povray.org...

>   You are probably right if you are going to do this only once and you
> don't have too much programming experience. However, if you are going
> to do this regularly then it might be worth the trouble writing a small
> script which does it automatically...

In fact I realise that I was talking about a more general situation, where
just a part of the image (like +sr0.536 +er0.7863 +sc0.456 +ec0.86) is
rendered to be inserted at the corresponding spot in the entire image (when
re-rendering a detail for instance). I'm under the impression that the exact
position of the rendered zone isn't kept in the image file (but I could be
wrong of course). The ability to re-render a selected zone on the top of an
already rendered image (instead of replacing it) could be an interesting
feature btw.
Note that usually I don't even bother to save the image file when the size
is small and just work with the screen capture so it's just a cut and paste
operation.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com