POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing : Re: Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 17 Oct 2003 15:20:23
Message: <3f9040f7@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> It just occurred to me how nice it would be to have the ability for
> antialiasing to start at a level above pixel-level. That is, at a
> superpixel level.

I had a similar idea and implemented it some time back.
Results and a patch here:
http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~wwieser/render/povray/ipt-patch/

I plan to implement some progressive refinement for the mosaic
preview when I find the time and the will...
...or is anybody else working on that?

Wolfgang