POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : up-to-date command line version : Re: up-to-date command line version Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: up-to-date command line version
From: Maciej
Date: 7 Oct 2003 11:09:28
Message: <3f82d728@news.povray.org>
>>>#define MAX_QUEUE       512
>>Yes, but why is this limit needed?
>
> To make development simpler and memory requirements less agressive ?

Perhaps it allocates 512 entries at once :>

> As long as it is customizable, it is not limit but kind of advanced setting
> (available only for those with compilers :-) ).

Yes, very advanced - compiling POV-Ray GUI with "your favorite"
MS Windows compiler is not simple I'm afraid...

 > Analogically you are free to
> ask Microsoft why "Windows limits selecting multiple files in the "Open"
> system dialog" as you stated.

Yes, I'm asking that :-)

But I understand that the open window is not supposed to
pass 300+ file names, while the queue should allow for
large number of files...

Anyway, as there IS a command-line, I will use GUI only
for single or small numbers of files.

Have a nice day!

Maciej